Apply for Vacancy for Procurement Analyst at The World Bank in Argentina. The deadline for this job is 21st May 2021.
The position is based in Buenos Aires, Argentina and provides support to the Bank operational portfolio in Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay. Also, this position is geared to assisting the World Bank staff and the Governments of region in implementing World Bank-financed and administered programs by providing procurement support, advice, guidance and oversight.
Scope of Work:
- Operate and keep updated procurement information tools and systems for reporting purposes (e.g., Procurement Post Reviews). Produce progress and timely reports.
- Also, contribute to preparing procurement post reviews, giving support to the Procurement Specialists in their missions, and final delivery of reports to the Task Team Leaders.
- Deliver training and on-demand support on STEP (Systematic Tracking of Exchanges in Procurement) to Implementing Agencies and Bank Staff.
- Likewise, provide administrative support to the team in matters concerning procurement training and seminars, supervision missions, and supporting procurement consultants for organization and conducting of PPR missions.
- Participate and assist in designing procurement arrangements for new operations, including completing capacity assessments, risk mitigation plans, and procurement arrangements for relatively non-complex operations.
- Additionally, participate in missions in straightforward projects or as a junior team member; to discuss the project objectives and understand the implementation environment
- Assists the Procurement Specialist by reviewing a broad range of procurement issues and documents in all operations phases.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field or equivalent qualification relevant to this position.
- Moreover, minimum of two (2) years of direct relevant professional experience in procurement and contract management.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English/Spanish, independently preparing a variety of written outputs and editing technical reports.
- Also, basic understanding of the concepts, principles, and practices governing international procurement, with the ability to translate concepts into operational work, including but not limited to VFM, sustainable procurement, strategic sourcing, market analysis, contract management, etc.
- Ability to deal sensitively in a multi-cultural environment and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
- Good understanding of critical linkages and relationships among clients’ business drivers, business operations and objectives and Procurement processes.
- Furthermore, excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and ability to work in teams in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to deal sensitively and diplomatically with internal/external contacts at all levels; work independently, prioritizing work, taking initiative, and solving problems; adapt to changing business needs by continuous learning/training.
- Recognized ability to exercise good judgment and in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Similarly, demonstrate ability to function under time pressure and handle multiple tasks in a fast- paced environment of changing priorities, with initiative and resourcefulness.
- Excellent administrative, organizational skills and attention to detail. Knowledge of technology skills, particularly in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Applicants must be able to travel frequently.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.