Apply for Vacancy for Procurement Officer at Department of Operational Support in the USA. The deadline for this job is 16th May 2021.
This position is located in the Transportation & Life Support Service, Procurement Division (PD), Office of Supply Chain Management (OSCM), Department of Operational Support (DOS). Also, the Department of Operational Support was established to provide operational advisory services to operating entities across the Secretariat, including other departments, offices away- from headquarters, field missions, and regional commissions.
Within delegated authority the Procurement Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Plans, develops and manages all procurement and contractual aspects of projects of significant complexity related to worldwide procurement of Aviation services.
- Also, advises requisitioning units and recipient entities on the full range of procurement issues, providing support and guidance at all stage of the procurement cycle.
- Prepares/oversees preparation and distribution of invitations to tender and manages/conducts all aspects of bid/proposal evaluations.
- Furthermore, formulates strategies and designs innovative solutions to resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
- Establishes and maintains work program and schedule for ongoing contracts and newly planned ones.
- Likewise, oversees adherence to contractual agreements; recommends amendments and extensions of contracts, and advises concerned parties on contractual rights and obligations.
- Also, prepares a variety of procurement-related documents, contracts, communications, guidelines, instructions, etc.
- Provides guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent degree) in business administration, public administration, commerce, engineering, law or a related field.
- Also, first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Likewise, professional certification in supply chain such as Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply certification (CIPS Level 4) or equivalent is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contract management, contract administration or logistics and supply chain management or related area.
- Experience in public sector procurement processes and procedures is desirable.
- Also, knowledge in the use of procurement information systems such as SAP is desirable.
- Experience in the procurement process and procedures supporting the implementation of the programs and operations of the United Nations field missions, the United Nations Common System or other comparable international organization is desirable.
- Likewise, experience working with business intelligence systems and data analysis tools is desirable.
- Furthermore, knowledge in preparing and developing data visualization/metrics and data cleansing is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in English. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.