Apply for Vacancy for Procurement Officer at United Nations World Food Program in Cameroon. The deadline for this job is ongoing.
Assisting almost 100 million people in around 83 countries each year, the World Food Program (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
- Contribute towards the development of procurement plans and processes ensuring compliance with wider procurement policies and WFP standards.
- Similarly, support or manage procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes to contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Track and analyze data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Also, collate information and draft appropriate responses to recommendations to support auditing of procurement activities and ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Likewise, work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners including suppliers, superintendent. Also, companies to align procurement activities with wider programs and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Moreover, guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed goods and services to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Deliver timely and quality food, goods, and services to persons of concern in compliance with procurement rules and procedures.
- Similarly, satisfy units clients by the services rendered by the Procurement Unit.
- Perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
- Computer knowledge in word processing, spreadsheet, Outlook, etc is required.
- General knowledge of UN procurement policies, rules, regulations and procedures, administrative policies, good team spirit.
- Also, ability to identify and resolve operational problems with substantial independence.
- Likewise, handle a large volume of work systematically, effectively and accurately.
- Ability to train other staff regarding relevant work responsibilities.
- Similarly, ability to work in a team environment and coordinate assignments to achieve common goals.
- Additionally, deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Moreover, ability to work with accuracy under time constraints and pressure.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.