Apply for Vacancy for Procurement Specialist at United Nations Office for Project Services(UNOPS) at Ethiopia. The deadline for this job is 31st July 2021.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Portfolio Senior Manager – Transactional Projects Portfolio, the Procurement Specialist is responsible for the development and implementation of strategic and effective procurement services reflecting international public procurement best practices, compliance with UNOPS procurement policy, rules, regulations and procedures, ensuring appropriate risk management and obtaining the best value for money for the acquisition of goods, services and the contracting of works.
Additionally, He/she analyzes and interprets the respective rules and regulations and provides advice and solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement. The role requires deep understanding of procurement policy and processes and the Procurement Specialist should be able to apply them to the appropriate situations.
- Development and Implementation of procurement strategies
- Also, management of procurement processes
- Implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools
- Furthermore, facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Likewise, team Management
- Appropriate application of UNOPS procurement governance framework (rules, regulations, policies and tools) in Business Unit and Project operations.
- Also, provision of supply-market intelligence and analysis.
- Procurement strategies, approaches and plans designed and implemented according to cost reduction and saving strategies, applying:
- Likewise, expertise in market intelligence matched to business requirements;
- Optimal Stakeholder management principles;
- Sustainability criteria;
- Additionally, appropriate work processes to individual cases.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ professional experience in implementation and advising on, implementing policies and procedures to deliver a range of complex procurement programs and services.
- Also, experience in working with a range of external and internal stakeholders is an advantage
- Personnel supervisory experience in procurement is an advantage
- Likewise, experience in UN system organizations, preferably in a developing country, is desirable.
- Furthermore, experience in the usage of computers and office software packages is required.
- Fluency of written and oral English.
- Also, knowledge of another official UN language is an asset.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.