Apply for Vacancy for Program Analyst at United Nations Population Fund in Laos. The deadline for this job is 19th April 2021.
UNFPA is the lead UN agency for delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled. UNFPA’s new strategic plan (2018-2021), focuses on three transformative results: to end preventable maternal deaths; end unmet need for family planning; and end gender-based violence and harmful practices.
- In collaboration with Government counterparts, NGOs and other partners, contributing to the design and implementation of the country program and its component projects, aligning with Government priorities and UNFPA program policies and procedures.
- Also, ensuring appropriate monitoring and oversight mechanisms and systems are established and implemented.
- Analyzing and interpreting the political, social and economic environment relevant to UNFPA activities, and identifying opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention.
- Additionally, analyzing policy papers, strategy documents and national development plans; preparing briefs and inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks.
- Assessing implications of new policy developments and strategies on program execution, and ensuring their integration.
- Likewise, establishing collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies to facilitate timely and efficient delivery of project inputs.
- Moreover, Assisting in implementing knowledge management strategies to capture lessons learned and best practices, sharing these with management for future planning supporting training needs of project personnel.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two years professional experience in the field of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH), development and population activities, with experience in program/ project management
- Also, practical experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects
- Likewise, experience using office software packages and web-based management systems.
Fluency in Lao and English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French is desirable.
- Achieving Results
- Additionally, being Accountable
- Also, developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
- Thinking analytically and Strategically
- Likewise, working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
- Moreover, communicating for Impact
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.