Apply for Vacancy for Program Associate at UNFPA in Uganda. The deadline for this application is 17th January 2021.
The Program Associate supports the design, planning and management of UNFPA’s country program by managing data inputs, providing logistical support, monitoring project implementation and following up on recommendations.
You will play an instrumental role in facilitating UNFPA’s country program and project implementation, supporting design, planning and management, in the areas of population and development, reproductive health and gender.
Also, you will apply established systems and procedures and assist in the creation of knowledge by compiling, synthesizing and analyzing relevant information, developing appropriate mechanisms and systems and ensuring compliance with procedures.
- Participates in the identification and formulation of the country program and RH component projects by compiling and analyzing information, drafting project documents and work plans and preparing tables and statistical data.
- Also, in coordination with national counterparts and project personnel guides routine implementation of assigned projects, coordinating the delivery of project inputs, ensuring participation of national counterparts in training activities and study tours.
- Likewise, prepares and monitors RH project budgets and expenditures through the UNFPA global financial and program software.
- Moreover, monitors UNFPA program activities by keeping close record of activities being implemented on ground.
- Similarly, support training of project personnel and staff on national execution and program policies and procedures; Continuously guides implementing partners on UNFPA programming processes.
Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Seven years of relevant experience in program/ project management.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT systems.
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French and/or Spanish, is desirable.
- Advocacy/ Advancing a policy-oriented agenda
- Likewise, leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships
- Moreover, delivering results-based programs
- Furthermore, internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.