Apply for Vacancy for Program Associate at United Nations University in Italy. The deadline for this job is 21st February 2021.
The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars engaged in research, postgraduate teaching and capacity development, and dissemination of knowledge in furtherance of the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations. Also, the mission of UNU is to contribute, through research and capacity building, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems that are the concern of the United Nations and its Member States.
Under the authority of the Director of UNU-EHS and the Director of Eurac Research, and the supervision of Head of the GLOMOS Bolzano office, the successful candidate will be entrusted with the following tasks:
- Develop and design research questions and sharpen the scientific profile of the GLOMOS program with a particular focus on social science/multidisciplinary activities and topics;
- Also, contribute to fund-raising activities for the GLOMOS program;
- Engage in scientific publications and support the communication and dissemination of GLOMOS activities and project results including the provision of web-content;
- Similarly, support ongoing scientific project activities in scientific and management tasks;
- Likewise, support planning, organization and documentation of GLOMOS events, conferences, and strategic meetings;
- Additionally, assist in monitoring financial and project budgetary status of projects and provide officers responsible with information as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree or its equivalent in a scientific discipline relevant for the thematic areas of GLOMOS, preferably in the area of social sciences;
- At least 2 (two) years of professional experience related to scientific project/program support or implementation, preferably in an international environment;
- Furthermore, familiarity with a diverse range of scientific methods and associated software particularly in qualitative research and analysis;
- Likewise, experience in the planning, organization and documentation of events, conferences, and strategic meetings;
- Excellent communication and writing skills with respect to scientific as well as non-scientific texts;
- Proven experience in writing scientific project proposals and in project reporting;
- Moreover, public speaking/presentation as well as training and moderation skills would be an asset;
- Familiarity with mountain environments and with existing international mountain research networks and related scientific institutions would be an asset;
- Also, knowledge and experience of processes and procedures of United Nations agencies or international organizations would be an asset;
- Similarly, self-reflective team player with strong networking and interpersonal skills, and experience in working in a multicultural. Also, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Moreover, willingness and capability of travelling and working in mountainous, higher altitude regions.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.