Apply for the Vacancy for Program Management Officer at the United Nations. The deadline for the application is 21st November 2020.
Organization: Regional Service Centre at Entebbe
Responsibilities for Vacancy for Program Management Officer
Within delegated authority, the Program Management Officer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Participates in the development, planning, implementation and evaluation of assigned program/projects, etc.; monitors and analyzes program/project development and implementation; reviews relevant documents and reports; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes and takes corrective actions; reviews the work of subordinate staff, liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up.
- Likewise, performs consulting assignments, in collaboration with the client, by planning and facilitating workshops, or through other interactive sessions and assisting in developing the action plan the client will use to manage change.
- Also, researches, analyzes and presents information gathered from diverse sources.
- Additionally, assists in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of evaluations or other research activities and studies.
- Also, undertakes survey initiatives; designs data collection tools; reviews, analyzes and interprets responses, identifies problems/issues and prepares conclusions.
- Furthermore, prepares various written outputs, e.g. draft background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.
The candidate must meet the following criteria
Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, management, economics or a related field. Additionally, a first level university degree with a combination of two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree
A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in project or program management, administration or related area is required
Additionally, experience in a shared service center in an international organization is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post, candidates must have fluency in English, both oral and written. Also, knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.