Apply for Vacancy for Program Manager at World Food Program in Switzerland. The deadline for this job is 21st July 2021.
The Fund will maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of international development assistance and national investment. Similarly, staff at the Fund manage grants, coordinate with partners, support countries, monitor and evaluate results, report on progress, manage donor relations and raise funds.
- Ensure effective operations/support services processes are defined and maintained between the SHF Operations Team, UNOPS Geneva Office and UNOPS headquarters.
- Moreover, monitor and supervise all aspects of operations to ensure compliance with corporate strategies, UNOPS rules, regulations, policies, and standards of accountability, ethics and integrity and achievement of results.
- Also, ensure client service and satisfaction with operations/support services processes, liaising with UNOPS Geneva Office and UNOPS headquarters for required support.
- Likewise, lead on health, safety, security and environmental (HSSE) matters to ensure they are integrated into all aspects of the operations and that related risks are managed effectively.
- Prepare the SHF’s financial plan and manage the budget process/cycle to ensure timely revisions and reallocation of funds, including for approvals
- Furthermore, monitor, track and control expenditures and supervise all financial services (accounting, cash management, payments etc.) ensuring optimum and appropriate use of resources and compliance with standards of accountability and performance.
- Additionally, monitor project financial projections, take necessary action(s) and/or refer critical issues to the Deputy Executive Director and/or other stakeholders for action.
- Ensure the availability of required financial reports including investigating anomalies to resolve problems; reporting or recommending any action required to relevant stakeholders.
- Prepare disbursement recommendations for the allocation of financial resources for the SHF prior to approval
- Similarly, oversee organizational and country grant audits, and support the implementation of management responses.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant field such as; finance, business, public administration or other relevant related field.
- Also, a Bachelor’s degree with a combination of two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience covering at least two of the following operations functions; Procurement, Finance, Logistics/ Asset Management and Human Resources. Knowledge of the other functions is desirable.
- Additionally, a minimum of 3 years of leadership experience, including a proven track record managing staff and operational systems.
- Some Trust Fund experience is desirable.
- Likewise, experience dealing with UN regulations, rules and policies in the areas of contracting, procurement and human resources is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Furthermore, knowledge of another official UNOPS language, particularly French, is an asset.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.