Apply for Vacancy for Program Officer at International Commission on Missing Persons in Germany. The deadline for this job is 31st July 2021.
Every year, millions of people around the world go missing as a result of conflict, human rights abuses, disasters, organized crime, irregular migration, and other causes. Also, this is a complex global challenge that can be tackled effectively through cross-cutting programs that address a variety of difficult, interconnected issues.
ICMP plans to conduct outreach campaigns in Europe to promote awareness of the missing persons process in Syria and Iraq, to build the capacity of Syria and Iraqi families to engage in the missing persons process and to collect data to facilitate locating missing persons. Likewise, this effort will involve conducting outreach particularly to Iraqi Yazidi families of the missing in Europe.
- In close coordination with the Head of CSI (Erbil), organize the establishment and maintenance of partnerships with representatives of family associations, CSOs and other local civil society organizations involved in missing persons’ issues of Yazidis in Germany;
- Similarly, support mapping and outreach to Yazidi families of the missing in Germany;
- Provide support to the Data Coordination Division to prepare reference collection campaigns;
- Likewise, organize, support and monitor data and reference collection campaigns in one or more EU countries;
- Prepare relevant internal and external reports on data and reference collection campaigns;
- Additionally, provide support to the team to ensure proper transfer of collected reference samples to the processing laboratory in accordance with ICMP policies;
- Furthermore, provides oral and written translation among the languages of English, Arabic and Kurmanji.
- Familiarity with the Yazidi community in Germany
- Also, experience in outreach, advocacy and capacity building activities benefiting families of the missing and CSOs
- Experience in report writing
- Furthermore, experience in organizing and conducting data and DNA reference collection campaigns
- Professional fluency in written and spoken English, Arabic and Kurmanji
- Also, knowledge of German or Dutch desirable
- Excellent communication, personal organization and leadership skills
- Likewise, in-depth understanding of the conflicts in Iraq and Syria
- Prior working experience on relevant missing persons issues
- Furthermore, proficiency in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Proven ability to interact positively with colleagues regardless of culture, nationality or gender
- Additionally, commitment and passion to the underlying objective of helping the authorities and families of the missing to account for missing persons in an impartial and transparent manner
- Likewise, willingness and ability to travel in Germany and Netherlands and to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings, when necessary
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.