Apply for Vacancy for Program Officer at United Nations Volunteers in Colombia. The deadline for this job is 29th June 2021.
The United Nations Volunteers program is a United Nations organization that contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. Also, volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling development challenges, and it can transform the pace and nature of development.
Description of Task:
- Through a consultative process within the country and field visits, stay involved in the development of the strategies; methodologies, contingency plans that respond to new and emerging operational challenges for the country;
- Also, assist in ensuring that global strategic priorities (GSP) and regional priorities as well as information on projected resource availability guide the planning parameters;
- Provide inputs for developing the country operations plan in compliance with global strategic priorities and regional priorities as well as with annual programming/planning instructions;
- Additionally, assist in organizing a consultative process to ensure a consistent application of the organization’s criteria and policies for the selection of implementing and operational partners;
- Assist in managing the development of a broad network of partners, good coordination practices and the development of partner capacities;
- Likewise, assist in training UNHCR as well as implementing partners (IP) staff in UNHCR standard procedures related to the Results Based Program (RBM) management;
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyze UNHCR’s performance. Also, trends and target interventions;
- Likewise, undertake field visits to evaluate and improve the planning, programming, implementation and monitoring of assistance projects;
- Furthermore, assist in implementing the establishment of sound monitoring processes, in reviewing final reports; on progress in order to advise on any corrective actions required or the need for additional resources to reach planned target levels
Area of expertise details
- Experience Remark: Minimum 3 years of work experience relevant to the function, in program management, monitoring and evaluation.
- Previous field experience is an advantage.
- Furthermore, familiar with UNHCR´s RBM approach and use of project/software is an asset.
- Completion of the UNHCR Learning programs or specific training relevant to functions of the position
- Also, additional Requirements for Area of Expertise: Good knowledge of UNHCR financial rules, procedures and processes is an asset;
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programming tools (MSRP, Focus, etc.) is an asset.
- Likewise, experience working in UNHCR Field Offices and in Colombia in particular is an asset
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.