Apply for Vacancy for Program Specialist at Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO) in Barbados. The deadline for this job is 1st July 2021.
FAO’s Sub-regional Office for the Caribbean (SLC) is responsible for developing, promoting, overseeing and implementing agreed strategies for addressing sub-regional food, agriculture and rural development priorities. It develops and maintains relations with sub region-wide institutions including Regional Economic Integration Organizations (REIOs). Also, the Sub-regional Office is a subsidiary of FAO’s Regional Office for Latin America and the Caribbean (RLC) The SLC is located in Barbados and is responsible for Barbados and the OECS (Antigua and Barbuda, Barbados, Commonwealth of Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis and St. Vincent and the Grenadines).
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background, and culture
- Additionally, qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations, and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Also, all selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- Likewise, all applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
Tasks and Responsibilities
Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate assigned program/projects.
- Participate in the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned programs/projects, etc.; monitor and analyze program/project development and implementation;
- Also, review relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions;
- Additionally, assist in policy development, including the review and analysis of issues and trends, preparation of impact evaluation or equivalent studies, etc.;
- Prepare various written outputs, e.g. drafts background papers, analysis, sections of reports and studies, inputs to publications, etc.;
- Likewise, undertake outreach activities; conduct training workshops, seminars, etc.; makes presentations on assigned topics/activities;
- Furthermore, assist the FAOR/SRC in liaising and cooperating with Government authorities and with local, national and international institutions in the areas of FAO’s activities in Barbados and the countries of the OECS.
- Moreover, monitor the implementation of projects across Barbados and the OECS in close collaboration with National Correspondent and liaise with relevant Lead Technical Officer to resolve bottlenecks in implementation
- Similarly, serve as the Lead Technical Consultant
- University degree in agriculture or related field
- Furthermore, five years of relevant experience in agricultural development
- Also, working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other FAO official languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Russian) for Consultants. Working knowledge of English for PSA.SBS
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Also, Team Work
- Likewise, Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience in project or program management, administration or related area
- Additionally, work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience in Agricultural development
- Furthermore, extent and relevance of experience in program/project formulation, analysis, planning and implementation
- Also, ability to work and interact in a multi-cultural environment.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.