Apply for Vacancy for Project Coordinator at International Labor Organization in Cambodia. The deadline for this job is 21st May 2021.
This project aims to address pressing needs to create jobs and provide skills development in remittance dependent communities in Siem Reap and Battambang Provinces – targeting returned migrants and vulnerable households – to mitigate the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. Many households in Siem Reap and Battambang provinces depend on remittances from their internal or external migrant household members. Having lost their jobs as a result of the recent economic downturn, returning migrants enter into a fragile socio-economic environment. The UN estimates that poverty in Cambodia will almost double to about 17.6 percent and unemployment will rise nearly seven-fold – developments that will more significantly affect the two targeted provinces.
- Undertake missions to project sites independently or accompanying others.
- Also, participate and represent ILO in national skills development and employability related working groups, committees and relevance skills related government and UN clusters.
- Prepare terms of references for external collaborators, guide and assess their work.
- Prepare briefs, progress reports, financial reports, ad-hoc reports and statistical data on status of project activities;
- Furthermore, follow-up with the regional office and the Country Office, executing agencies, government offices, constituents and other organizations to expedite implementation and meet targets;
- Plan, organize and facilitate trainings, workshops, seminars and meetings, for partners and beneficiaries;
- Prepare presentations for national and regional workshops and seminars;
- Collect information/data and analyze and format relevant data on skills development;
- Compile systematic information and materials on project activities. Identify best practices and lessons learnt for knowledge building and knowledge sharing;
- Similarly, support the development of various communication, social marketing and awareness raising activities of the project;
- Additionally, carry out specific operational and/or control tasks for project implementation in the field of skills development and employability;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisors.
First level university degree in economics, social sciences, education or related field and strong knowledge on development issues in Cambodia
- At least three years of experience in project management of Education or Skills development, supervision, administration and implementation of agreement requirements
- Technical requirements: Good knowledge of labor economics, skills development and employability as well as economic developments, poverty reduction, and social policies. Good knowledge of entrepreneurship, employment services and rights at work. Knowledge of the policy making process.
Excellent knowledge of the working language of the duty station and a good knowledge of English.
- • Good knowledge about social, economic development and labor and employment trends in Cambodia.
- Also, ability to maintain good working relationships with all project stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills to manage technical co-operation projects of international organizations.
- Additionally, ability to understand and effectively work with Government, workers and employers organizations, non-government organizations and UN agencies.
- Ability to write analytical technical reports in English.
- Moreover, skills to conduct policy discussion and high-level political processes.
- Additionally, good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Clear commitment to mainstream gender into project activities.
- Furthermore, lead and work in a team and good interpersonal relations.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.