Apply for Vacancy for Project Coordinator at World Food Program in Uganda. The deadline for this job is 15th July 2021.
United Nations World Food Program (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. Also, the mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. Likewise, the organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
UGCO will be applying the D3 (Design, Digitize, Direct) framework on WFP cash programs to come up with financial inclusion approaches that can be sources of learning for improved self-reliance programming and for streamlining gender transformative programming across the portfolio.
- Investigate and document specific digital financial products that women are interested in and advocate for support at different forums.
- Similarly, scope and map available financial and digital financial products that are available to refugees; in Nakivale settlement and their product offerings and characteristics.
- Likewise, support sensitization efforts for women to increase their use of digital financial products that are appropriate to their needs.
- Also, organize and document FGDs with refugees and host population men and women to understand; come up with adequate measures to involve men in their spouse’s journey to digital financial inclusion and women economic empowerment.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives.
- Also, be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors; internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners).
- Moreover, make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members; the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFP’s mission.
- Additionally, make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFP’s overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.