Apply for Vacancy for Project Manager at Department of Safety and Security in the USA. The deadline for this job is 16th May 2021.
The Department of Safety and Security (UNDSS) is responsible for providing leadership, operational support and oversight of the United Nations security management system (UNSMS) globally. As a global leader in security risk management principles; UNDSS enables the safe and effective delivery of United Nations programs and activities in the most complex and challenging environments. Also, to this end, the work of the Department is aligned under a clear mission, to enable United Nations system program activities through trusted security leadership and solutions.
- Prepares, reviews, approves or endorses security management documents related to the PACT III for the HQ, OaHs and RCs; including all aspects related to elaboration, development, implementation and updating of the documents.
- Also, ensures implementation of safety and security policies of the UNSMS.
- Similarly, conducts facts finding related to security-related incidents involving UNSMS personnel or eligible dependents at the HQ; OaHs and RCs with a view on improving physical security systems.
- Likewise, guides the definition of policies, methods and standards for the implementation of the substantive activities of PACT III.
- Participates in security missions and physical security assessments at the HQ, OaHs and RCs to define PACT III scope and priorities in support of the Chiefs of SSS.
- Moreover, manages and reports in assets managements for the allocated resources of the PACT III, including personnel, budget and assets.
- Additionally, develops and manages extra-budgetary funded security projects in place at the HQ, OaHs and RCs, to avoid overlapping and duplication with PACT III efforts.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in security management, business administration; political/social science, psychology, international relations or a related field .
- Also, a first-level university degree in combination with two years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
A minimum of ten years of progressively responsible experience in security, risk, disaster or emergency management in the public or private service areas; such as national security, military or police, or in a corporate environment.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.