Apply for Vacancy for Project Manager at Food and Agriculture Organization in Ukraine. The deadline for this application is ongoing.
The main aim of the FAO project offices in Countries with no official FAO Representation, which are headed by the Regional Program Leader (RPL), is to assist governments to develop policies, programs and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
- Plan, implement, and manages Project activities.
- Ensure a results-based approach to project implementation, including maintaining a focus on project results and impact as defined by the project results framework indicators;
- Also, prepare and implement a logical framework, detailed workplan and budget using a log frame analysis, including targets to be met, and resources to be allocated; based on the objectives, results and activities presented in the project document, as well as input from local coordination at country level.
- Furthermore, facilitate interdisciplinary inputs within FAO, partner institutions and agencies.
- Oversee the implementation, makes best use of available human and financial resources, and ensures FAO procedures are followed throughout.
- Likewise, lead and coordinate the implementation of project activities and supervises field operations in close collaboration with the project staff.
- Oversee the budget management of the Project, including proposed budget revisions and financial reporting, and updates Project ‘s information.
- Lead the development of communication products and ensures the visibility of the project activities and results in relevant forums, networks and media.
- Additionally, research, compile and organize information and reference content from various sources in order to produce reports; create spreadsheets and presentations; maintain paper and computer records.
- Ensure the review and publication of relevant project reports through the publication workflow System (PWS) of FAO.
- Moreover, ensure the flow of communication with FAO offices (FAOUA, REU, HQ).
- Advanced University degree in international development, agriculture, agri-finance, economics or related field;
- Also, at least 7 years of experience in project/program management.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of one of the other official languages of the Organization: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Likewise, teamwork
- Additionally, building Effective Relationships
- Moreover, knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement Technical/Functional Skills
- Knowledge of the Eastern European or former Soviet region is an asset
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.