Apply for Vacancy for Project Manager at United Nations Development Program in Fiji. The deadline for this job is 15th June 2021.
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations to build integrated, lasting solutions for people and planet.
The financing needed to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) will greatly surpass all current development finance flows but can also be raised from the large amounts of (mostly private) investable resources available globally. Domestic public resources, even in low-income countries, can be increased and spending optimized. Financing solutions provide strategies and means to effectively unlock and direct these sources of finance toward realizing the SDGs.
Mobilizing adequate financing for sustainable development will be a challenge for all countries, but will be particularly difficult for Pacific Small Island Developing States (PSIDS) where financing needs for sustainable, climate-sensitive development are estimated to be among the highest in the world when measured as a proportion of national output.
- Managing and coordinating the implementation of the respective activities based on the relevant project documents, including, as needed, supervision and guidance of other project staff, consultants and experts with a view to achieving project results;
- Also, developing comprehensive/detailed project work-plans that include all project activities and roles and responsibilities of the stakeholders and setting-out corresponding milestones;
- Moreover, monitoring the progress of implementation of project activities and key event schedules observing the work-plans and set deadlines including monitoring of the financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
- Mobilizing goods and services to support project activities, including drafting TORs and works/product requirements and specifications;
- Likewise, coordinate activities with UNDP Finance Sector Hub, UNDP Regional Office in Bangkok, UNCDF Pacific Office, and other regional agencies, and manage technical, logistical and administrative processes to ensure the achievement of Project Outputs;
- Managing and monitoring project risks initially identified, submitting information on the new risks and possible mitigating measures to the Project Board for consideration and updating the status of these risks by maintaining a Project Risk Log;
- Additionally, assuming responsibilities in line with the office Internal Control Framework and act as a `first authority` for Project transactions;
- Ensuring adherence of project activities to the existing financial; procurement and administrative processes that are in line with prevailing UNDP rules and regulations and; at the same time, observing the project timelines;
- Also, preparing project progress reports and ensuring timely submission of the reports to the relevant instances, such as the project boards and relevant donors;
- Managing project tracking in ATLAS in accordance with UNDP procedures;
- Moreover, managing the transfer of project deliverables to national beneficiaries and other project stakeholders.
Required Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in the areas of Macro Economics; Fiscal and/or Monetary Policy, accounting, development financing, social policy, public policy. Also, development studies or a related area.
- Experience in project management, program/project coordination and monitoring and/or provision of advisory services or similar;
- Also, good knowledge of the policies and institutional frameworks relevant to the environmental protection, nature protection and/or climate change;
- Good knowledge of the structure, practices and rules and procedures governing local government and municipal work is an asset;
- Likewise, demonstrated experience in liaising and co-operating with government officials, municipal authorities, academic institutions, NGOs and the private sector;
- Additionally, excellent communications, report writing and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in English. Working knowledge of other UN language desirable
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.