Apply for Vacancy for Project Manager at United Nations Development Program in Mauritius. The deadline for this job is 14th April 2021.
The main objective of the project is to improve and strengthen the economic, social and environmental sustainability of the artisanal fisheries of the islands forming the Republic of Mauritius. Also, it will enhance equitable economic growth by empowering artisanal fishers to improve their livelihood. More specifically, it will support sustainable management and development of fisheries by providing logistical support and training to artisanal fishers to
- Move out of the over-exploited and climate change-impacted lagoon to the more productive and sustainably managed off-lagoon area;
- Likewise, adopt measures that will decrease post-harvest losses by processing their catch and keeping them on ice;
- Moreover, improve their economic situation by adding value to their products and by making use of existing government incentives through loans and grants.
- Strategic project planning, coordination and implementation;
- Moreover, management of the Project;
- Representation and Coordination;
- Also, management of communication flow;
- Partnership building and donor liaison.
- Provides guidance and manages the overall implementation including planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring;
- Ensures overall efficient coordination of programs/projects including planning processes and timely delivery of results taking into consideration agreed upon work plans with the UNDP country office and the participating ministries/organizations;
- Also, ensures identification and promotion of programming and planning opportunities;
- Identifies and develops new program and project opportunities;
- Similarly, supports capacity building of national counterparts;
- Oversees project implementation through close monitoring of results;
- Moreover, ensures effective application of result-based management (RBM) tools, management of scorecard targets and other benchmarks;
- Coordinates and follows through on decentralized local evaluations;
- Likewise, ensures full compliance with audit requirements and timely follow-up to audit recommendations;
- Similarly, promotes identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.