Apply for Vacancy for Project Officer at International Organization for Migration in Niger. The deadline for this job is 16th February 2021.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. Furthermore, for all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
- Under close supervision, provide inputs to support the planning of CS activities in the Commune of Arlit.
- Also, closely work with supporting units in the Arlit Sub office, including Finance, Logistics and Procurement, to assist in supporting the smooth implementation of project activities.
- Likewise, utilize Geographic Information System (GIS) technologies to monitor and map the development and implementation of project activities, and share technical information with project partners and implementing entities.
- In close coordination with the CS Project Officer, assist in liaising with stakeholders that work on CS programs in the Arlit municipality as required.
- Moreover, maintain accurate and up to date records of project documentation and reporting files, including relevant infrastructure works; utilizing IOM data collection systems, record and update project supporting documents in the database.
- Additionally, undertake duty travel as required to monitor implementation and share technical information with project staff and implementing partners.
- Consider the integration of cross-cutting issues such as youth, gender, children, and other vulnerable groups in the performance of work tasks.
- Also, collect and compile progress reports and lessons learned from implemented activities, experiences from different Communes, and beneficiary feedback.
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations or related field from an accredited academic institution; or
- Also, University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Work experience in community engagement, local development, or capacity building related activities in fragile, conflict or post-conflict context and familiarity with stabilization, social cohesion. And peace building processes;
- Additionally, experience in project management or implementation, preferably in migration and/or other displacement context;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national and international institutions;
- Experience in project formulation, monitoring and reporting; GIS expertise is an asset.
- Furthermore. familiarity with the Sahelian African region an asset.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.