Apply for Vacancy for Project Officer at Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe(OSCE) in Ukraine. The deadline for this job is 3rd February 2021.
This post is financed from the Extra Budgetary Project. The initial post duration is 12 months with a six months’ probation period. The OSCE’s new three-year, comprehensive project “WIN – Women and Men Innovating and Networking for Gender Equality” will advance gender equality as a necessary prerequisite for achieving and maintaining stable, prosperous and peaceful societies in the OSCE area. Also, the project aims to accelerate the implementation of the OSCE 2004 Action Plan for the Promotion of Gender Equality and the Women, Peace and Security Agenda. Likewise, it will do this by developing sustainable capacity in the area of gender equality and comprehensive security in selected participating States in close coordination and cooperation with ODIHR and other Executive Structures.
- Manages the sub-regional WIN project portfolio through all steps of the project cycle, in accordance with OSCE performance based programming and budgeting and project management standards;
- Moreover, provides input to the entire and annual workplans of the WIN project on budget planning and expenditure and other tasks assigned by the WIN project manager;
- Likewise, supports and leads the drafting and compiling of reports for donors;
- Similarly, supports and leads the communication and PR activities, preparing presentations, press releases, social media and website’s outputs.
- Additionally, assists with fundraising for the WIN project.
Implementation of planned activities
- Directly manages and organizes activities (including logistical arrangements), which can include events, consultations, meetings, seminars, study tours, training workshops, webinars, publications and others;
- Also, proposes/leads or assists with the development of background research;
- Drafts documents, reports and concept notes in the areas of Women Peace and Security, Eliminating Violence against Women, economic and environmental activities;
- Likewise, develops concept notes for capacity building on gender equality and use of mainstreaming gender with a focus on Ukraine and other countries of Eastern Europe;
- Additionally, assists in the selection of, supervision and oversight of consultants, implementing partners and vendors.
- Completed university degree in gender studies, social sciences, international relations, law, public administration or other relevant field;
- Moreover, minimum of four years of relevant professional experience, preferably in an international environment. Also, in the regions of Eastern Europe and/or Central Asia;
- Likewise, experience working on gender equality and empowerment of women;
- Proven experience in organizing conferences and events, particularly of capacity building nature;
- Also, project management experience;
- Experience and understanding of relationship building and fostering partnerships with broad range of stakeholders;
- However, experience working in Ukraine.
- Computer literate with practical experience with Microsoft applications.
- Additionally, excellent written and oral communication skills in Ukrainian, English and Russian.