Apply for Vacancy for Project Officer at United Nations Office for Project Services in Switzerland. The deadline for this job is 20th July 2021.
Since 2010, the Scaling Up Nutrition (SUN) Movement has inspired a new way of working collaboratively to end malnutrition, in all its forms. With the governments of SUN Countries in the lead, it unites people—from civil society, the United Nations, donors, businesses and researchers—in a collective effort to improve nutrition. Also, the SUN Strategy 2021–2025 (SUN 3.0) prioritizes country leadership and focuses on supporting systemic change at the country level. It seeks to capture the ambition of SUN countries and guide the work of all actors at all levels aligning concerted action behind and responding to commonly agreed national priorities set out by governments in SUN countries.
- Support in the design and formulation of the workplan and budget for the SMS, including setting goals, targets and performance standards.
- Also, assist the Portfolio Manager in engagement management by regularly updating project and implementation plans, drafting funding agreements, determination of required revisions, and support with project closure.
- Additionally, assist in drafting of TORs for subcontractors and consultants; proposals of suitable firms or institutions and individual consultants; evaluation of proposals received; recommendations for contract awards; negotiations with successful bidders, for the Portfolio Manager’s approval.
- Similarly, support in drafting of contract documents and letters of agreement with institutions or individuals and UN agencies; administration of contracts and agreements and processing amendments, if required, for Portfolio Manager’s approval.
- Likewise, monitor compliance of procurement activities with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, analysis of parameters in support of proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Within delegated responsibility perform financial and substantive monitoring and evaluation of the projects, identification of operational and financial problems, development of solutions.
- Monitoring and evaluation of performance of service providers, suitable firms or institutions
- Supervision, certification and approval of service payments, purchase orders and other disbursements for the projects under his/her management (to be certified by the Portfolio Manager and Finance)
- Furthermore, support the assessment of expenditure in administration (office premises, assets, travel, etc.) for previous years; estimate new requirements and prepare budget plans for the review of the Portfolio Manager.
- Additionally, identification of sources of information related to policy-driven issues. Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to program/project management.
- Furthermore, focus on clients’ services, keeping them informed of the status of project activities. Oral and written periodic reports.
- Also, active interaction with clients to solicit feedback and gauge client satisfaction.
- Advanced university degree in a relevant field such as finance, business, public administration or other relevant related field is required.
- Also, a Bachelor’s degree with a combination of two additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the master’s degree.
- Minimum of two years of relevant work experience in administration, procurement, support services, human resources development, project/program management, or similar fields.
Highly desirable and considered an asset:
- Relevant experience at the national or international level in providing project management and transactional services.
- Likewise, experience in knowledge management and innovation.
- Full working knowledge of English is essential.
- Additionally, knowledge of French is considered an asset.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.