Apply for the Vacancy for Regional Expert at UPU in Switzerland. The deadline for the application is 25th November 2020.
Title: Regional Expert Asia-Pacific and South-South & Triangular Cooperation, Development and Cooperation Directorate
Organization: UPU – Universal Postal Union
The incumbent will do the following duties
- Implementation of DCDEV strategy/advice and budgetary responsibilities
- Implementing strategy/advice
- Contribute to the situational analysis of the region
- Additionally, analyze the level of development of postal services in the countries of the region concerned and help to prepare a regional development plan (RDP).
- Furthermore, coordinate the formulation and implementation of RDP projects involving other internal and external partners.
- Act as adviser for the International Bureau in the area of regional postal development.
- Likewise, respond to requests from designated operators and other partners concerning development cooperation and provide them with information and advice.
- Propose expenditure commitments for all the activities provided for and provide assistants with guidelines for their preparation.
- Also, evaluate the financial consequences of the activities proposed and prepare budget estimates.
- Monitor the implementation status of the budgets allocated and help to prepare the relevant reports.
- Furthermore, deployment and management of projects
- Plan and evaluate implementation of the projects in the region concerned and under South-South and Triangular cooperation.
- Furthermore, ensure field coordination with international/regional and national partners
- Draft project documents and supervise their formatting and distribution
Qualifications for Vacancy for Regional Expert UPU
Bachelor in economics or international policy studies or international relations or business management.
5 years’ experience of international cooperation activities in the Asia-Pacific region or 5 years of experience in high managerial responsibilities in the postal sector.
1. Very good knowledge of countries of the region, their economic situation, regional policies, regulatory frames and regional decision making forums
- Sound analytical skills and strategic negotiations skills.
- Similarly, sound knowledge of project management techniques.
- Also, good knowledge of project financials analysis and management
- Furthermore, good writing skills
- Likewise, knowledge of standard office software tools.
Skills and abilities / competencies:
1. Work organization and planning.
- Acquaintance with ICT development and application to service industries
- Also, to analyze situations and case files.
- Ability to be attentive to and to identify action opportunities.
- Likewise, flexibility and management of priorities.
- Additionally, the ability to handle stress.
- Ability to teach and to communicate with colleagues and with people in general.
Proficiency in English is required. Working knowledge of French is an asset
Visit the official page for more information. Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.