Apply for Vacancy for Registry Assistant at United Nations Development Program in Burkina Faso. The deadline for this job is 15th June 2021.
Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager (OM), and the direct supervision of the Head of the ICT Unit, the Registry Assistant works in collaboration with Operations, the Program, various projects and Agencies of the United Nations System in mail delivery and information dissemination.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establishment and maintenance of the office filing system in accordance with the UNDP global filing system;
- Also, opening of new thematic files as needed and elimination of old files in accordance with the established retention schedule;
- Maintenance of archives, ensuring that records are properly stored and accessible; safe keeping of documents;
- Provision of documents from registry files, at the request of staff;
- Additionally, assistance in the collection of reference documents and information from the files of the register;
- Establishment and maintenance of a system for recording the movement of files within the office;
- Moreover, maintenance of office circulation and reading files;
- Participation in the creation and maintenance of an electronic registers / archives system in close collaboration with ICT staff;
- Ensure the reception, counting, preparation and dispatch of Diplomatic Bags (New York, Geneva, Vienna, Copenhagen
- Likewise, ensure the reception, counting, Codification and registration of ordinary mail, fax, electronic mail and other documents intended for the UNDP Office;
- Ensure the reception and distribution of newspapers and other periodicals;
- Additionally, distribute mail forwarding and postage costs between United Nations Agencies and Projects;
- Ensure the preparation of requests for payment of invoices for services rendered by providers;
- Also, assist the Finances by making the Payment in ATLAS of the services provided by the mailing houses of the Bureau;
- Assist Finance in paying bills for official communications from the Office;
- Furthermore, provide training assistance on procedures and rules relating to document management and archiving;
- Electronic archiving of documents received on paper;
- Moreover, collection and sorting of postal mail;
- Convey various information to UNDP and other agencies of the United Nations system
General skills :
- Demonstrate a commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values.
- Also, adaptation and sensitivity in the field of culture, gender, religion, race and nationality.
Specific skills :
- Leadership and Self-Management;
- Operational Efficiency;
- Likewise, data management ;
- Moreover, manage documents, correspondence and Reports;
- Organization and management of several tasks.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary school diploma, or
- Also, undergraduate degree in administrative management, or other related degree
- Four (04) years of relevant experience in the position of librarian of a reputable organization or in a public administration.
- Moreover, mastery of electronic archiving techniques.
- Good knowledge of IT tools, in particular commonly used commercial software.
- Additionally, have a good knowledge of the procedures of the United Nations System.
- Excellent command of spoken and written French.
- Also, ability to work in English;
- Knowledge of English will be considered an asset.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.