Apply for Vacancy for Research Assistant at ICARDA in Morocco. The deadline for this job is ongoing.
The successful incumbent will support the supervisor in the field and laboratory operations related to cereal and legumes at ICARDA Morocco Research Platform.
- Undertaking quality testing for ICARDA mandated cereal and legume species
- Keep up-to-date on developments in quality analysis through the scientific literature, and publish research findings in ISI peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Also, near Infrared screening of cereal and legume seeds
- Likewise, development of calibration for NIRS analysis
- Carry out assigned field and laboratory research activities
- Collecting, managing and summarizing data
- Moreover, maintenance of laboratory safety, rationalization, and proper working equipment
- Similarly, supervision of daily workers.
- BSc or MSc in Chemistry, Food Technology, Agronomy or associated disciplines
- Also, at least 2 years’ experience in agricultural or food technology research at national level;
- Experience with Inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectroscopy and Continuous Flow Analyzers would be considered
- Likewise, experience with protein determination electrophoresis in gel would be considered
- Knowledge of food technology equipment and design of experiments
- Comprehensive knowledge of associated disciplines with good teamwork, interpersonal and ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams;
- Moreover, excellent English, French and Arabic communications skills;
- Capable and willing to work in a fast-paced and time sensitive environment, and able to adapt to unforeseen challenges and tasks that arise;
- However, holder of a valid Moroccan driver’s license with clean driving record.
This is a national position available for Moroccans for which ICARDA offers an attractive compensation package including a competitive salary, medical insurance, 30 days of annual leave, five months’ maternity leave, 15 days’ paternity leave.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.