Vacancy for Secretary General at World Customs Organization (WCO) in Belgium. The deadline for this job is 11th January 2021.
The World Customs Organization (WCO) is an independent intergovernmental body,
established in 1952 as the Customs Co-operation Council (CCC), whose mission is to enhance
the effectiveness and efficiency of Customs services across the globe. The WCO represents
183 Customs administrations that collectively process approximately 98% of world trade. As
the global center of Customs expertise, the WCO is the only international organization with
competence in Customs matters.
As a forum for dialogue and exchange of experiences between national Customs delegates,
the WCO offers its Members a range of Conventions and other international instruments, as
well as technical assistance and training services provided either directly by the Secretariat, or
with its participation. The Secretariat also actively supports its Members in their endeavors to
modernize and build capacity within their national Customs administrations.
- Managing procurement-related logistics for the implementation of CCF projects.
- Also, assisting in organizing and coordinating activities that are delivered in virtual mode using different online tools and programs.
- Additionally, ensuring that cost-effective and time-saving logistical solutions are identified on an ongoing basis, and are documented.
- Likewise, coordinating communications between technical experts and beneficiaries on
- The applicant should have at least three (3) years of experience of coordinating
complex multi-stakeholder programs, preferably in an international context.
- Also, experience of maintaining a network of contacts, particularly within a Customs or
international government co-operation context;
- Likewise, experience of organizing events;
- Also, ability to follow instructions and, when necessary, work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience of working in an international/cross-cultural context.
- Staff member under short-term contract until June 2022 (with possibility of renewal);
- Probationary period: 6 months;
- Furthermore, full-time employment (37 hours and 40 minutes per week) at WCO Headquarters in
- 30 days of annual paid leave;
- Similarly, salary of 3000€/month all-inclusive (remuneration exempt from income tax in Belgium);
- Also, compulsory WCO health insurance deducted from salary.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.