Apply for Vacancy for Security Assistant at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Yemen. The deadline for this job is 14th July 2021.
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
- Provide assistance to the supervisor in evaluating the level of risk and assessing the existing security measures for the UNHCR personnel operations, premises, partners and persons of concern.
- Also, be aware of security protocols and procedures in place in accordance with the UNSMS policies, UNHCR Policies and the Security Risk Management process in the designated area check for compliance and advise management on any deficiencies.
- Additionally, assist in security assessment missions to the field in coordination with UNDSS/other agencies; help the supervisor during field missions to gather information and analyze the security situation.
- Support the Implementation of security-related projects.
- Likewise, assist in the monitoring, updating and reporting of security-related events.
- Assist in the processing of administrative security issues.
- Maintain liaison with UN security management system actors, local law enforcement agencies, civil authorities and other relevant agencies.
- Furthermore, provide security briefings to UNHCR staff, and as appropriate partner staff, on relevant security risk management for the country concerned to include, inter alia, the warden system, communication notification and reporting procedures, travel planning procedures road and fire safety.
- Respond to staff queries on security issues and provide immediate assistance as required.
- Additionally, provide security-related advice to the manager and other staff.
- Advise on security gaps and needs.
- Moreover, maintain liaison and build relationships with Host Government Security Forces and security counterparts.
- Perform other related duties
- Education & Professional Work Experience Years of Experience / Degree Level For G5 – 2 years relevant experience with High School Diploma;
- Additionally, 1-year relevant work experience with Bachelor or equivalent or higher.
Field(s) of Education:
Certificates and/or Licenses Security and Safety issues
Experience in security or police field.
FS-Police/military/NGO/Corporate security experience IT-Computer Literacy CO-Cross-cultural communication
Language Requirements Please also note that English and Arabic are essential for this Job Opening.
- Accountability Communication Organizational Awareness Teamwork & Collaboration Commitment to Continuous Learning Client & Result Orientation
- Also, managerial Competencies Empowering and Building Trust Judgement and Decision Making
- Likewise, cross-Functional Competencies Technological Awareness Stakeholder Management Planning and Organizing
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.