Apply for Vacancy for Security Associate at Department of Safety and Security in Yemen. The deadline for this job is 5th May 2021.
DSS is responsible for providing leadership, operational support and oversight of the security management system to enable the safest and most efficient conduct of he security programs and activities of the United Nations System. Likewise, this position is located in Department of Safety and Security in the field office of Sana’a, Yemen. Also, under the overall guidance and supervision of the Chief Security Adviser, Deputy Security Adviser and Field Security Coordination Officer, the Field Security Associate assists in the implementation of security operations and all matters relating to the management of safety and security for UN personnel in the Area of Responsibility.
- Liaises and coordinates, as appropriate, with the host government security organizations and/or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, military, and police officers, as well as non-governmental organizations in the area of operation;
- Also, helps to assess the security situation at the duty station and ensures adequate gathering and verification of security information that may be required for a proper analysis of the situation;
- Communicates information on security issues to the heads of United Nations agencies and provides host country security advice to UNDSS, as required;
- Moreover, maintains regular contacts with Security Focal Points of UN agencies;
- Likewise, may be requested to provide technical assistance at Area/Security Management Team meetings
- Helps in the preparation and review of the UN Security Plan;
- Similarly, supports actions during the implementation of the Security Plan
- Maintains routine and confidential correspondence files/documents;
- Maintains a database on contact details of host country security authorities;
- Additionally, arranges appointments, receives visitors, places and screens telephone calls with discretion, and takes minutes and/or notes at meeting
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Seven (7) years of work experience in security, risk or disaster or emergency areas with security responsibilities, in the public or private service areas, such as national security, military or police, or in a corporate environment.
- Also, experience in the use of Microsoft applications i.e. Word, Excel Access and Powerpoint.
- Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO is desirable.
- Likewise, experience in the use of radio communications systems is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency (oral and written) in English and Arabic are required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.