Apply for Vacancy for Senior Adviser at Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) in Austria. The deadline for this application is 29th January 2021.
The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities. Also, all 57 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.
- Providing overall supervision and political guidance on the monitoring efforts for a designated region and focal point of the office for that region;
- Furthermore, following political and legal developments affecting freedom of expression in the designated region and preparing comprehensive analyses, notes and reports;
- Also, analyzing public policy, legislation and state practice affecting freedom of the media in the designated region;
- Moreover, maintaining relevant networks, correspondents and media freedom advocacy contacts and maintaining regular contact with journalists’ associations in the designated region;
- Also, contributing to the reports on and participating in visits conducted by the Office; serving as focal point for visits to designated region;
- Additionally, assessing developments in view of suggestions for interventions to RFOM, including necessary political sensitivity and use of language;
- Likewise, liaising with consultants and experts outside of RFOM, especially when supervising the production of commissioned reports or studies.
- Second-level university degree in political science, media studies, history, law, journalism or another related field;
- Also, a minimum of eight years of progressively responsible experience, including practical experience in the field of media, media freedom advocacy, human rights or related experience within the OSCE or another international organization;
- Additionally, experience in program management, including finance, planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation/controlling and reporting;
- Likewise, ability to work in a deadline-driven environment; demonstrated attention to detail;
- Moreover, demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Similarly, ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different nationalities, religions and cultural backgrounds.
- Also, ability to operate Windows applications including word processing and email.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.