Apply for Vacancy for Senior Officer at International Federation of Red Cross in Africa. The deadline for this job is 12th July 2021.
Community engagement and accountability (CEA) is an approach to Red Cross and Red Crescent programming and operations. It is supported by a set of activities that help put communities at the center of what we do, by integrating communication and participation throughout the program cycle or operation. Also, CEA is the process of and commitment to providing timely, relevant and actionable life-saving and life-enhancing information to communities. Likewise, it is about using the most appropriate communication approaches to listen to communities’ needs, feedback and complaints, ensuring they can actively participate and guide Red Cross Red Crescent actions.
- Ensure assessments are transparent and participatory, and capture people’s information needs and trusted and preferred communication channels.
- Also, Build community participation into operational planning, design and implementation.
- Similarly, strengthen and/or help set up feedback mechanisms, including processes to make sure feedback is analyzed and acted upon by operational teams.
- Strengthen and/or help set up systems for sharing life-saving, useful and actionable information with affected people about Red Cross and Red Crescent services, from selection criteria to health advice, as part of information-as-aid activities.
- Likewise, to increase their reach and impact by helping teams, such as health, water and sanitation and disaster risk reduction, to set up methods to gain a deeper understanding of local perceptions, beliefs, culture, practices and values and to implement innovative behavior and social change communication activities.
- Also, to find ways to involve affected people in assessing the impact of the operational response.
- Additionally, to ensure women, children, the elderly, people with disabilities and other vulnerable groups have equal access to; information channels and feedback mechanisms particular to their needs, and taking into account any specific protection issues.
Competencies and Values
- Also, communications
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Likewise, National Society and customer relations
- Building alliances
- Additionally, accountability
- Creativity and innovation
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.