Apply for Vacancy for Senior Officer at International Federation of Red Cross in Malaysia. The deadline for this job is 27th June 2021.
Working under the Manager Operational Procurement unit, the Senior Officer Operational Procurement shall contribute to the success of the Procurement Hub by ensuring effective operational and tactical procurement of goods and services for Asia Pacific.
Also, the incumbent will ensure effective execution of operational procurement, support tendering for the region and ensuring best value for money objectives.
- To manage the provision of procurement activities for Asia Pacific following standard procurement procedures and policy.
- Also, to directly negotiate with key suppliers within the category/procurement area to ensure the provision of the goods and services to meet present and anticipated requirements.
- To recognize and pursue opportunities to consolidate supplier commercial arrangements across a broader range of procured goods and services for the benefit of the Federation and its internal/external customers.
- Likewise, to act as the IFRC lead within procurement service provision, providing technical expertise and advice across the global network to enable the delivery of a high quality and commercially effective procurement service provision that optimally meets the needs of the IFRC, partners and customers.
- Additionally, lead on the delivery of procurement service improvement, best practice, continuous learning and knowledge sharing between departments and keep the unit at the forefront of innovative procurement service practices.
- Furthermore, lead internal relationship building to ensure cross-functional co-operation and integration which minimizes risk and results in high quality technical solutions.
- To fully support the implementation of regional/global FA
- Similarly, support external sourcing request, including but not limited to, providing inputs for cost estimates and liaising with finance department on Invoices management.
- Ensure process records and performance data are maintained for audit trail purpose.
- Moreover, establish KPIs for the operational procurement function and report KPIs to the Management team on an ongoing basis.
- Furthermore, perform technical review (procedures compliances) as per needs.
University degree in Business, economics, Engineering, IT or other relevant area.
Professional Procurement Qualification highly preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in managing complex procurement operations including high volume in procurement, of which minimum 3 years at international level
- Also, experience of managing and integrating tactical and operational procurement
- Experience within the commercial sector
- Likewise, red Cross/Red Crescent knowledge and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Language
- In-depth grasp of international procurement practices including legal aspects
- Likewise, problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment, strong interpersonal skills
- Additionally, ability to deliver efficient operational procurement in a challenging environment
- Also, demonstrated ability to analyze operational procurement impact, including at operational/institutional levels
- Similarly, commercial acumen and Proven negotiating skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Also, ability to work in matrix environment
- Furthermore, fluently spoken and written English
- A broad understanding of humanitarian issues, disaster recovery and related organization
- Likewise, good command of another IFRC official language (French, Spanish or Arabic)
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.