Apply for Vacancy for Senior Specialist at The World Bank in USA. The deadline for this job is 21st July 2021.
Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty and promoting shared prosperity. Additionally, with 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
- Lead technical feasibility of transmission interconnections between Nigeria and Cameroon; and any other potential regional inter-connection;
- Likewise, lead potential engagement of World Bank in energy sector in Lake Chad region involving coordination between the four governments of Nigeria, Chad, Cameroon and Niger;
- Also, enable regulations, policies and competitive framework for promotion of private sector engagement in regional energy trade;
- Lead teams in developing knowledge products and operational instruments to support Bank clients and advise relevant task teams;
- Furthermore, ;lead or coordinate business development and policy dialogue in selected countries in West Africa on regional energy trade and regional transmission interconnections;
- Additionally, work with IFC and MIGA for a WBG collaboration and donor coordination on potential PPP opportunities for energy access and clean energy transition.
- Lead or as part of project teams, prepare, appraise, negotiate and supervise investment operations in the energy sector.
- Master’s degree in engineering, energy planning/economics, business administration, or equivalent areas relevant for energy/extractives sector development;
- Also, experience and ability in working on cross country transmission interconnection is essential with preference of having worked in Sub Saharan Africa;
- Proven ability to lead and manage large teams and operations;
- Similarly, strong technical skills in energy in at least two of the following energy sub sectors – energy access, renewable energy, energy efficiency, regulations and policy ; innovative financing;
- Strong project management (including fiduciary and safeguards);
- Experience working on World Bank or other International Financial Institutions (IFIs) lending and non-lending operations is desirable;
- Proven ability to work with WBG and other donors;
- Likewise, excellent oral and written communication skills, including an ability to communicate complex issues in simple terms and to engage in evidence-based dialogue with clients;
- Proficiency in spoken and written French and English is essential.
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities