Apply for Vacancy for Software Engineer at United Nations World Food Program (WFP) in Italy. The deadline for this job is 24th December 2020.
The World Food Program (WFP) is the food-assistance branch of the United Nations. It is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, the largest one focused on hunger and food security, and the largest provider of school meals. Founded in 1961, it is headquartered in Rome and has offices in 80 countries. As of 2019, it served 97 million people in 88 countries, the largest since 2012, with two-thirds of its activities conducted in conflict zones.
The consultant will join the Hunger Monitoring Unit’s team in Rome under the direct supervision of the Senior Software Engineer, and will be responsible for the following activities:
- Assist in data integration initiatives and particularly support the automation of the Hunger Monitoring Unit’s activities, including near real-time data ingestion, processing, dashboards, bulletins and visualizations.
- Also, deploy and maintain open-source software products.
- Additionally, advise on software development practices.
- Moreover, contribute to the harmonization of tools and development patterns, including code maintenance in version control, system management through automation, and deployment strategies.
- Similarly, contribute to developing guidance and training materials for tools in the humanitarian open source community.
- Undertake field missions for country support and facilitate trainings targeting WFP staff and partners.
- Likewise, liaise with RAM’s Information Officer and WFP’s IT department to ensure compliance on the above.
- Perform any other task as required.
- Consolidate current and new automation pipelines into resilient products.
- Also, contribute to current development efforts.
- Additionally, deployment and maintenance of chatbots.
- Experience with Python and proficient with at least one other high-level programming language.
- Also, experience with the front-end stack
- Similarly, designing and maintaining databases.
- Additionally, experience with git version control.
- Furthermore, cloud services, AWS experience.
- Experience with deployment strategies, Docker, continuous integration, Unit Testing.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.