Apply for the Vacancy for Staff Assistant at the UN in Switzerland. The deadline for the application is 6th November 2020.
Organization: United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction
Under the supervision of the Program Management Officer (Special Assistant to the SRSG), P-3, the incumbent:
- Handles a wide range of administrative duties/processes on behalf of the SRSG and in support to UNDRR front office (equipment purchase, service and supply requisitions, conference room bookings, etc.).
- Likewise, he/she takes full responsibility for time management and scheduling on behalf of the SRSG with appropriate consultation as required; effectively prioritizes and resolves related conflicts and competing demands.
- Also, assists in the overall administration of the SRSG’s office and UNDRR Front office, i.e. provides substantive and administrative support in managing priorities. Also, coordinates and monitors multiple and diverse activities and work processes
- Likewise, proposes improvements to administrative procedures and systems to ensure smooth functioning of UNDRR front office, including filing (paper and electronic) systems.
- Prepares, processes and classifies confidential information.
- Similarly, serves as first point of contact and liaison with senior officials internally and externally.
- Additionally, independently handles a wide range of complex information requests and inquiries
The incumbent must meet the given requirements
- Knowledge of general office and administrative support including administrative policies, processes and procedures.
- Similarly, shows pride in work and in achievements.
- Also, demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter.
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
Planning & Organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies.
- Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required.
- Allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work.
- Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
- Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others.
- Places team agenda before personal agenda
High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of administrative services or other related area.
- Additionally, experience as assistant to a high-level official in the Front Office of international organizations such as the United Nations is desirable
- Experience working with an ERP system such as Umoja in an international organization is desirable.
- Experience working with conferencing and online meeting tools such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom, etc. is desirable.
Visit the official page for more information. Also, check out oyaop.com for more job opportunities.