Apply for Vacancy for Storekeeper at United Nations World Food Program in Somalia. The deadline for this job is 15th February 2021.
The United Nations World Food Program is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. However, every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Program Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, school feeding, nutrition, food for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers and safety nets.
- Assist in Logistics and Warehouse operations including all Logistics assets- to ensure timely and efficient delivery of WFP cargo;
- Also, assist in management of commodity accounting, data quality and integrity;
- Likewise, process documentation for execution of Logistics operations (e.g. custom clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues advancing them to the supervisor;
- Collaborate closely with internal and external partners to support efficient Logistics operations management;
- Moreover, maintain professional working relationships with agents of the superintendent, freight forwarder and other agents at warehouse level;
- Furthermore, follow up and coordinate the movement of food and non-food items;
- Similarly, supervise the FIFO and LIFO systems, best before date, expiry dates and infestations.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Ability to implement operational warehouse procedures and normative mentorship in order to lead WFP’s warehouse, handle inventory effectively through corporate systems and ensure loss mitigation.
- Also, experience maintaining a Logistics database, administering third party service provider contracts, compiling contract documentation and contract execution.
- Moreover, experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, excel among others.
- Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certification in logistics, supply chain management, warehouse management is desirable.
- At least four years of responsible support experience in Logistics operations.
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.