Apply for Vacancy for Support Officer at Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe(OSCE) in Austria. The deadline for this job is 16th February 2021.
The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights. Also, combating human trafficking, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities. Additionally, all 57 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.
- Monitoring and analyzing developments in the region;
- Also, actively monitoring and reporting on the implementation of the mandates of designated field operations;
- Likewise, analyzing the impact of present and future activities on agreed tasks and objectives; scrutinizing reports submitted by field operations and advising the Chair on their distribution;
- Moreover, analyzing developments in the field with a focus on early warning signals of potential crisis situations. Also, alerting the Chair and the Secretary General to issues that might constitute a threat to security and stability, and providing recommendations on appropriate preventive or reactive action that could be taken in response to such developments.
- Taking an active part in the performance-based program budgeting process for the assigned field operations, including interacting with the delegations of participating States in the Advisory Committee on Management and Finance (ACMF),
- Likewise, taking part in discussions on their content under the guidance of the OSCE Permanent Council;
- Moreover, participating in the development and review of proposals for activities of field operations financed from extra-budgetary resources.
- Work in the diplomatic service and/or international organizations would be an asset;
- Also, excellent communication skills, resourcefulness, initiative, maturity of judgement and team spirit;
- Likewise, professional fluency in English including excellent drafting skills; working knowledge of another OSCE official language;
- Moreover, demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability to operate Windows applications including word processing and email.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.