Apply for Vacancy for Systems Officer at Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific in Thailand. The deadline for this application is ongoing.
The mandate of the United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) is to promote sustainable and inclusive development and regional connectivity in the Asian and Pacific region. Also, ESCAP’s role as a regional development arm of the United Nations Secretariat is to support its membership with policy oriented research and analysis, normative support and technical assistance and capacity building, to respond to the development priorities and changing needs of the Asian and Pacific region.
- Maintains, upgrades or enhances existing user systems; troubleshoots and provides continuing user support, to include resolving difficult problems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
- Also, organizes and performs unit and integrated testing, designing and utilizing test bases; assists users in acceptance testing.
- Develops detailed system and other functional specifications and user documentation for major systems.
- Additionally, organizes the installation, configuration, testing and deployment of developed applications, and is able to assess the information security of developed applications. Oversees the administration, operation, technical support, and monitoring of developed applications once in production
- Likewise, participates in writing reports and papers on systems-related topics, system requirements, information strategy, etc.
- Provides specialized advice to users, analyzing users’ requirements and translating these into new applications; determines application systems integration and linkage issues.
- Moreover, manages projects involving feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development and implementation of new, moderately complex systems, and/or, participates as a member of a development team with responsibility for major components of the more complex systems.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations for their deployment.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, machine learning or related field.
- Also, a first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience in software development may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of five years of responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of custom computer applications.
- Experience with deployment on Linux platform
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.