Apply for Vacancy for Technical Officer at International Labor Organization in Nepal. The deadline for this job is 6th May 2021.
The COVID-19 pandemic has unleashed an unprecedented crisis affecting millions of people around the globe. In South Asia, the crisis has unveiled the weaknesses of the current labor market structure where informal employment is prevalent in all sectors and most of the workers and economic units were little or inadequately protected. Also, with containment measures such as lockdown, the workers in the informal economy, who had mostly earned meagre amount to support their livelihoods, lost earning opportunities.
- Provide technical advice and support to project staff and national partners in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the gender-responsive project activities, in coordination with the ILO’s Decent Work Technical Team, Country Offices, and HQ.
- Develop training materials and conduct seminars and workshops to ensure the promotion of Decent Work Agenda in all project activities, with stronger emphasis to promote gender equality.
- Also, conduct research and integrate technical inputs for regional and country analyses, reports and publications related to the project and prepare discussion notes.
- Likewise, plan and organize knowledge sharing meetings with relevant stakeholders at the country and/or sub-regional levels.
- Also, promote the integration of gender-specific considerations in all activities and strategies in the program.
- Work closely with National Project Coordinators/Consultants in country offices in South Asia to ensure regional/national linkages and vice-versa where relevant, in the implementation of the program.
- Similarly, prepare technical and financial progress and final reports on program delivery.
- Promote the application of relevant international labor standards in the implementation of the Program.
- Likewise, co-ordinate, promote linkages and share best practices and lessons learnt with other relevant ILO projects/programs, ILO units and external stakeholders.
- Undertake missions in relation to project implementation as appropriate/conditions permitting.
Advanced university degree in international relations, development studies, economics, geography, demography, or the relevant field.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience, including three years at the international level
- Similarly, strong background in successfully managing projects that involve the implementation of activities at both grassroots and policy levels.
- Proven experience in addressing inequalities and promoting gender equality in programs/projects.
- Furthermore, familiarity with ILO policies and procedures would be an advantage.
Excellent knowledge of English.
- Excellent organizational and management skills to prepare, implement and monitor various activities with various partners and in various geographical areas.
- Also, ability to provide effective guidance in preparing and finalizing contracts with project partners according to the ILO policies and procedures to initiate the smooth project implementation at the grassroots level in a timely manner.
- Likewise, excellent communication skills to develop and maintain good working relations with partners.
- Ability to work amicably with people in an honest and straightforward manner and with commitment to the ILO’s mandate.
- Additionally, ability to draft high-quality reports and prepare guidelines relating to program development and implementation.
- Ability to use basic software to support project implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.