Apply for Vacancy for Technical Officer at World Health Organization in Malaysia. The deadline for this job is 3rd May 2021.
The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations responsible for international public health. Also, the WHO Constitution, which establishes the agency’s governing structure and principles, states its main objective as “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health”.
- Prepare policy analysis on health systems and financing transformation in particular in the context of NCDs, and healthy ageing including COVID-19 and other outbreaks;
- Furthermore, facilitate and oversee implementation of planned activities under the Brunei Darussalam, Malaysia and Singapore program budget;
- Similarly, support resource mobilization and regular reports to WHO, the UN country team and external donors; and
- Also, contribute to documentation of the country achievements, advocacy for WHO’s priorities by drafting content for communication and advocacy materials; and convene country stakeholder meetings and external missions; and perform any other duties.
University degree in public health, public policy, economics, health economics or health-related fields.
Advanced university degree in public health, health policy, health financing or health systems development or management of public health programs on NCDs/and or healthy ageing.
- At least five years’ relevant work experience in the area of public health, health policy, health systems strengthening or health financing.
- Also, exposure in working in relevant fields at the international level.
Broad experience in addressing health sector challenges, socio-economic and political settings related to primary health care and/or family or people-centered care for management of NCDs and/or healthy ageing. Likewise, relevant experience working in low- and middle-income countries.
- Good knowledge and understanding about the role of health policies, health systems including financing and foresight based thinking in addressing public health priorities
- Also, excellent skills in generating policy dialogue and providing technical support to development, implementation and evaluation of policies, strategies and health systems transformation.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.