Apply for Vacancy for Technical Specialist at Food and Agriculture Organization in Rwanda. The deadline for this job is 17 April 2021.
The Land and Water Division (NSL) aims at enhancing the agricultural productivity and nutrition by advancing the sustainable use of land and water resources through their improved governance, management, development and conservation. Also, it addresses the challenges member countries face in ensuring productive and efficient use of land and water resources in order to meet present and future demands for agricultural products, while ensuring the long-term sustainability of the land and water quantity and quality.
- Support the activities of the project and liaise at technical level with IFAD country team and national project implementation partner for the efficient implementation of the project and identification of scope of the project to be harmonized across project countries.
- Also, assist in the preparation of the targeting strategy of the project and the selection of the target areas and project beneficiaries.
- Similarly, support the baseline data collection, analysis and report writing that will be conducted in partnership with national implementation partners.
- Likewise, support the drafting of policy briefs, factsheets and country reports.
- Additionally, assist in data collection and analysis from primary and secondary sources.
- Assist the preparation of training material and conduct capacity building activities related to the use of the project methodological framework.
- Advanced university degree in agricultural economics, natural resources management, agriculture, irrigation, nutrition or other related fields – those with a PhD will have an added Advantage.
- Also, at least 5 years of relevant working experience in economic and quantitative analysis of food and agricultural issues. Food security and nutrition analysis, water productivity assessment and capacity building at the national and field levels.
- Likewise, excellent analytical and report drafting skills in English and limited knowledge of French will be an added Advantage.
- Proven knowledge of UNFCCC greenhouse gas inventories and ETF requirements will be an asset
- Also, candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills
- Proven ability to implement studies in a multidisciplinary team.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.