Apply for Vacancy for Temporary Appointment at United Nations Population Fund in the USA. The deadline for this job is ongoing 2021.
The Strategic Specialist will play an important role in helping UNFPA to identify and respond to strategic political opportunities in a dynamic geopolitical environment. Also, this role is well suited for a strategic and critical thinker who enjoys environmental scanning and political analysis and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic setting.
This is a temporary position created to coincide with the dynamic changes in the current geopolitical environment. Likewise, this position will lend support to the development of UNFPA’s 2022-2025 Strategic Plan and will respond to the needs of the organization by enabling new opportunities, forging and strengthening geopolitical alliances, and extending broad ranging strategic and analytical support. Also, the aim is for UNFPA to strengthen its business model; the integrated results and resources framework; accelerate progress towards realizing its three transformative results; and further enhance organizational effectiveness within the United Nations system.
- Assisting in formulating multi-national affairs strategies and proposing policy directives and plans of action related to UNFPA’s mandate.
- Also, identifying emerging issues pertaining to the mandates of UNFPA; analyze implications and make recommendations on possible strategies and responses.
- Moreover, identifying key geopolitical priorities for key UNFPA donors and develop analysis on opportunities and challenges for UNFPA’s engagement at national and regional levels
- Analyzing information contained in communications and publications received from different sources, including the press.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of strategic events and developments on the global arena in line of the thematic UNFPA mandate.
- Furthermore, prepare summary and analytical reports including, but not limited to, situation reports, briefing notes, and options papers.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by UNFPA leadership.
Advanced university degree in political science, international relations or related discipline.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Seven years of progressively responsible experience at national and international levels in policy analysis, environmental scanning, diplomacy, development, or related areas
- Also, proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute strategic analysis across a wide range of stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneous and deliver high quality results in short timeframes.
- Likewise, excellent analytical, drafting and briefing skills, advanced ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written form, experience in drafting speeches, briefings and political analysis.
- Familiarity with UN development programs and working methods, and particularly with UNFPA mandate related policies.
- Furthermore, demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment and establish effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.