Apply for Vacancy for Youth Employability at UNICEF in Greece. The deadline for this application is 6th January 2021.
Within this initiative, UNICEF is developing a comprehensive program for job readiness and transition towards adulthood supporting social and economic inclusion for adolescents and youth at risk, including unaccompanied children and children with complex needs. Also, the program aims to provide alternative pathways and tailor-made solutions to enable vulnerable young people to access employment opportunities.
Summary about Job:
The program will include:
- Building or upgrading basic skills, integrating life skills development of young people, with a focus on the marginalized ones;
- Also, providing active job and entrepreneurship orientation and counselling;
- Likewise, providing customized vocational-hard skills training, including apprenticeship and internship and based on a labor market needs assessment;
- Moreover, connecting young people with quality work opportunities, while equipping them as problem solvers, contributing to a better world.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the development of assessment and matching tools and, based on the bottleneck analysis, propose processes.
- Likewise, support OAED in creating a wide range of alternative upskilling, training, job readiness and entrepreneurship programs.
- Also, ensure the efficient and quality implementation of such programs, enabling participants to acquire transferable skills needed for future work, through active, participatory methodologies.
- Similarly, support the bridging of apprenticeship and internship programs with private sector employers and ensuring related follow up support to promote job retention.
- Furthermore, provide technical support on curricula, materials and trainers guides as well as on the planning and implementation of workshops, coordination and exchange meetings.
- Moreover, monitor the program implementation, having in place risk analysis developed in the planning phase.
- At least 3 years professional experience as a coordinator or working group member in programs on employability, vocational education or training, job counselling, including at least 1 year in support of vulnerable / marginalized Groups;
- Also, capability to promote a vision and act as active listener, promoting collaboration and networking of different stakeholders and actors;
- Furthermore, demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships;
- Also, ability to work with professionals from other disciplines to ensure synergies in various parts of the program
- Likewise, identify needs, risks and gaps, and to propose innovative ideas and effective responses on challenges.
- Additionally, ability to promote results-based management and guide continuous goals’ assessment.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.