Apply for Vacancy for Event Management at United Nations Institute for Training and Research in Switzerland. The deadline for this job is 9th March 2022.
UNITAR is an autonomous body within the United Nations that was established in 1965 pursuant to a UN General Assembly resolution. UNITAR’s mission is to develop the individual, institutional and organizational capacities of countries and other United Nations stakeholders through high quality learning solutions and related knowledge products and services to enhance decision-making and to support country-level action for overcoming global challenges.
- Support delivery of national and global events included in The Defeat-NCD Partnership’s communications work plan for 2021.
- Also, keep track of other national and global events and/or conferences that would expand the Partnership’s reach. Likewise, work with colleagues to secure participation opportunities for senior Partnership personnel at these events, and support development of the necessary collaterals to ensure successful engagement.
- Support delivery of communications activity related to recognizing United Nations international days; national and global ‘awareness days’ and other relevant markers in program countries to achieve objectives identified in communications work plan.
- Moreover, monitor latest developments within the health sector, in program countries and/or globally, with regard to major NCDs; the interconnection with risk factors. Based on this, and further research, maintain a directory of up-to-date data. Also, regularly update internal communications resources and use this to inform/develop communications activities.
- Conduct in-depth research required for the development of media pitches, opinion pieces, speeches, information sheets, case studies, reports and other external facing communications collaterals, for use nationally in program countries and/or globally.
- Furthermore, provide a daily summary of significant communications activities related to NCDs, and current or potential partners. Liaise with colleagues to use this as the basis for informing and supporting media relations, social media activity and identifying event/other engagement opportunities.
- Translate vision into actionable objectives.
- Also, work independently and take initiative.
- Be familiar with The Defeat-NCD Partnership’s four pillars of work.
- Likewise, plan and organize programs and projects.
- Work in a multicultural environment.
- Additionally, engage with professionals and experts, working with various and unique skill sets.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Visit oyaop.com for more job opportunities.