Apply for Vacancy for Staff Assistant at University of South Florida in the USA. The deadline for this job is 1st August 2021.
The World Languages Department (WLE) is a culturally diverse department within the College of Arts & Sciences. With the offering of teaching 11 different languages, literatures, and cultures, WLE is one of the most active departments on campus and one of the highest producers of student credit hours.
WLE provides a PhD program in Linguistics and Applied Language Studies (LALS) and Master’s programs in Applied Linguistics (TESL), Spanish, and French. It also offers an Undergraduate major in World Languages and Cultures with concentrations in Applied Linguistics, Chinese Language and Culture, Classics, East Asian Languages and Cultures, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish.
- Hiring, training, and supervising Federal Work Study students and serving as the front desk receptionist in their absence.
- Also, training proctors of WLE Language Lab for foreign language placement testing/make-up exams and serving as a back-up proctor in their absence.
- Likewise, responsible for updating and maintaining content on the department’s website and social media pages.
- Administrative support for PhD program.
- Additionally, assist Academic Program Specialist with issuing course permits.
- Manage departmental Foundation accounts, order office supplies, handle professional delivery services for the department, manage conference rooms’ reservations, and handle office assignments/departmental key orders.
- Likewise, assist with marketing support for undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Moreover, assist with organizing events, film screenings, conferences, lectures and student recruitment/study abroad fairs.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by Department Chair.
This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent, with two or more years of experience in an office or administrative support position. Also, college or other relevant post-secondary coursework may substitute for the experience requirement on a year for year basis. Testing may be required to assess competency on word processing software including, Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Humanities field
- Moreover, multi-lingual; inter- and cross- cultural literacy (international/study abroad experience)
- Knowledge of university structure and the Humanities
- Also, experience developing and maintaining web pages, creating content and updating social media in a professional workplace environment (i.e., Dreamweaver or WordPress, HTML, Photoshop, Publisher)
Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more job opportunities.