Green Talent Competition honors young researchers from numerous countries and scientific disciplines for their achievements and efforts to make their communities, countries, and societies more sustainable.
This competition aims to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas within the field of sustainability.
- Invitation to a multi-day Virtual Science Forum in October 2022:
- “Science Sessions” with leading German sustainability facilities, institutions, and companies, which will virtually provide exclusive insights into their leading-edge research and projects,
- Virtual appointments with German experts of your choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- A wide range of workshops dedicated to the SDGs and advancing your scientific career,
- Networking opportunities with other Green Talents, participating Green Talents alumni and researchers,
- Formal Virtual Award Ceremony with your fellow Green Talents and special guests
- A fully funded on-site research stay of up to three months at an institution of your choice in Germany
- Exclusive access to the distinguished Green Talents alumni network.
- Enrolment in a Master’s or Ph.D. program or a degree (Master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- Strong focus on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach
- No more than three years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Proven excellent command of English
- Significantly above-average grades
- Not a German citizen nor a resident of Germany
- personal information
- questions about your academic and professional career, including details about university degrees, research work, lists of publications, etc. You must also indicate, which SDG your research is contributing.
- Questions regarding your motivation to participate in the Virtual Science Forum
- latest FINAL graduation certificate as well as your latest course record.
- your publications and patents.
- Include articles/papers that have been submitted but have not yet been approved.
- Exclude articles/papers under preparation.
- Letter of recommendation
- It is mandatory to indicate the level of your English proficiency and to add an English language certificate to your application.
How to Apply?
Applications can only be submitted via our online tool. However, documents through email are not acceptable.
Please note that applications cannot be changed once they have been submitted nor can any missing document be handed in after the application deadline.