Nominations are open for the Active Citizenship Award 2022 for Young Africans. Noble Missions is looking for young Africans between the ages of 15 and 35 in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia and The Gambia to recognize as their next Active Citizenship Awardees.
This an annual recognition of young Africans (between the ages of 15 and 35) living in Africa, who go beyond their civic duties to uphold democracy, improve access to basic amenities, realize the SDGs or improve the quality of life in their communities/countries in Africa. The award seeks to encourage young people to regularly take action that contributes to upholding democracy and achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Categories of Active Citizenship Award
This year’s award categories are:
- Gender Equality
- Climate Action and Environmental Justice
- peace, Justice and Security
- Firstly, Active Citizenship in Ghana
- Secondly, Active Citizenship in Kenya
- Thirdly, Active Citizenship in Liberia
- Lastly, Active Citizenship in The Gambia Award
Active Citizenship Award
- All Finalists and winners for each category will receive a recognition certificate. The finalists will also feature in the ‘Active Citizens Hall of Fame’.
Eligibility for Active Citizenship Award
- Applicant must be an African living and working in any of the following African countries: Nigeria, Gambia, Liberia, Ghana and Kenya.
- Must not be below 15 years or above 35 years of age.
- Your work can be related to any of the following: Education, Health, Climate action, Gender equality, Peace and Justice, and Democracy.
- Someone can recommend you, but you must submit the nomination yourself.
- Past finalists are not eligible to re-apply.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.