Acumen Academy is now accepting applications for the 2023 Gender Equity and Advancement Accelerator. Now in its second year, the Gender Equity and Advancement Accelerator is a fully funded program for social entrepreneurs committed to leading the change in gender inclusion. The program covers the essentials for building a business model that can achieve both impact and profitability.
During the 12-week program, you’ll explore the tools and lessons needed to help you scale for profitability and impact. Alongside your cohort of entrepreneurs from East and West Africa, you’ll gain access to:
- Business lessons around customer insights, pricing models, pitching, and more
- Industry-relevant case studies and apply key learnings to your own enterprise
- Leadership lessons and frameworks for problem-solving, having difficult conversations, and managing conflicting values
- 1:1 guidance and mentorship
- Resources and trainings for implementing gender inclusivity across your organization
- A lifelong community of entrepreneurs committed to gender inclusion
Benefits from Gender Equity and Advancement Accelerator
Upon completing the 12-week program, participants are admitted to The Foundry, an invite-only community designed to accompany entrepreneurs and leaders from around the world by connecting them with the social capital (resources and relationships) to amplify their work in building a just, inclusive, and sustainable world.
Foundry members have exclusive access to:
- Events to learn and connect with fellow foundry members
- Professional development opportunities that may include pro-bono consulting services and professional leadership coaching
- Experts within the Acumen Ecosystem for mentorship or advisory sessions
- Referrals to affiliated leadership programs and platforms
- Access to funding, grants offered ad hoc by other organizations, or referrals within the Acumen network
Eligibility for Gender Equity and Advancement Accelerator
This accelerator is open to social entrepreneurs who:
- Run a social enterprise (nonprofit or for-profit) based in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, Ethiopia) or West Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia, the Gambia) who are working to solve problems of poverty and dignity
- Are dedicated to investing in their personal and business growth
- Are deeply committed to the work of tackling poverty and injustice and are interested in being part of a global community bound by values
- Have an enterprise that has been operational for 18 months or more (please note: if this is your second or third venture, this requirement is flexible. Be sure to include this in your application.)
- Have a team of three or more full-time staff
- Have a commitment to serving women across three entry points, and evidence of action in at least one:
- Market (products and services)
- Internal organization (workforce and policies)
- Value chain (supply and distribution)
Application of Gender Equity and Advancement Accelerator
Click here to apply.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.