Africa Business Concept Challenge 2024 ($5,000 Prize)
GBSN is pleased to present the 4th annual Africa Business Concept Challenge (ABCC), a virtual business concept competition for African undergraduate and graduate students. The competition challenges student teams to develop a viable business concept that addresses a locally-relevant challenge or problem related to Agenda 2063, and inclusive and sustainable development.
The Africa Business Concept Challenge intends to assist young people from the African continent who have an entrepreneurial orientation, a desire to serve their community, and demonstrate the values outlined below. With a focus on promoting responsible business, the competition identifies high potential young people for mentorship and investment.
- The first place team will win a cash prize of $5,000 USD.
- Societal Impact: The Challenge offers a chance to make an impact on local community problems.
- Networking: Opportunities with student teams from across the globe, as well as experienced entrepreneurs and industry professionals
- Mentoring & Industry Experts: High-caliber, experienced judges, who are experienced entrepreneurs and industry leaders
- Structure, Feedback & Guidance: Personalized, individual feedback during the project development process from Team Advisors.
Click: RSTMH Early Career Grants Programme 2024 (Up to £5,000 grant)
Eligibility for Africa Business Concept Challenge
- The Africa Business Concept Challenge is open to all institutions of learning, training and development on the African continent.
- Student teams must consist of two to five members, where at least two must be enrolled at an African institution at the time of the competition. Interdisciplinary teams are encouraged.
- Each participating team must have a mentor to work with. Mentors will help guide teams and enrich the learning experience. The ABCC aims to build a community platform for learning–not just a competition but an opportunity for mutual support.
- GBSN Membership is not required to participate. There is no charge to participate in the competition.
- All projects must address:
- A community challenge or need
- A business solution
- A viable business concept
- Implementation and impact of business solution
It might catch your attention to investigate: 7th edition Prix Virginia Prize 2024 (Up to 10k€ grant)