Applications for the Aga Khan University Women Leadership Academy 2022 are now open. The Women Leadership Academy (WLA), an initiative of the Aga Khan University, aims to enhance women’s leadership and decision-making capacity within civil society.
The aims of the academy/course are to:
- Help upcoming women leaders to demonstrate creativity, have ability to communicate their vision, inspire and ignite the passion of their people to achieve the best in a continuously changing environment
- Deliver leadership knowledge, skills, tools, support and networks for the upcoming women leaders.
The programme is funded by Global Affairs Canada and Aga Khan Foundation Canada as part of the Foundations for Health and Empowerment (F4HE) and Foundations for Education and Empowerment (F4EE) grants.
Benefits from Women Leadership Academy
- On graduation, a certificate will be awarded followed by enrolment into the alumni program for networking and mentorship.
Cost from Women Leadership Academy
- This is a leadership and mentoring course which is fully funded by Foundations for Health and Empowerment (F4HE) and Foundations for Education and Empowerment (F4EE) grants (funded by GAC and AKFC).
- There is no cost to the participants or their organizations. AKU will facilitate the participants with equipment and cater for the internet charges.
Eligibility for Women Leadership Academy
WLA invites applications from young and upcoming women in management or supervisory roles, and with experience in community based organizations in health and education sectors and non-governmental organizations in Kenya and Uganda.
- Firstly, Applicant should have a minimum of two years post-secondary education;
- Secondly, Aged between 30 – 45 years old;
- Involved in women or gender equality organizations activities for at least five years;
- Proficient in English;
- Can commit to at least four hours a week for the six month duration of the course;
- Can commit to five days at the start of the programme and three days at the end of the programme for a full-time engagement;
- Lastly, Willing to participate and take part in Alumni activities.
Application of Women Leadership Academy
Send the completed application form, one paged motivation letter and CV to [email protected] and copy [email protected].
Applications should be received no later than close of business (EAT), May 27, 2022. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.