Applications for the Anita Borg Systers Pass It On Awards Program 2023 are now open. The Systers Pass It On Awards Program, established by AnitaB.org, aims to support women technologists in building a community that promotes the advancement of women in computing.
Through a cash prize, the program provides funding to women who are currently engaged in or wish to engage in computing-related projects that inspire and assist women around the world. Recipients of the award are encouraged to “pass on” the knowledge and benefits they receive, creating a network of women who support one another.
Pass It On Awards
- AnitaB.org’s commitment to promoting diversity and providing equal opportunities is reflected in this year’s PIO Award, which includes a $1,000 prize and a ticket to the 2023 Grace Hopper Celebration.
Eligibility for Pass It On Awards
- Open to any woman over the age of 18, though she must be in or aspiring to be in the computing field.
- They encourage applications covering a variety of needs and projects including but not limited to:
- Assistance with studies, job transfers, or other transitions in life
- A broader project that benefits girls and women
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field
- Assistance with educational fees and materials
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing
Application of Pass It On Awards
- Create a Sessionboard account. Sessionboard is separate from other AnitaB.org or GHC accounts. The email used to create the account will receive confirmation messages and status notifications.
- Submissions are not saved automatically. They encourage submitters to draft their responses in a separate document, then paste them into Sessionboard when finalized. Move forward through the form and click the complete button to save and submit. You have the option to upload additional documents after submitting if needed such as a referral letter or budget spreadsheets, etc.
- Submissions can be edited via the Sessionboard portal until the deadline, Monday, June 5th, 11:59 pm Pacific Time.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.