Applications are open for the Facebook Community Accelerator 2022. Advance your leadership skills and utilize Facebook tools to deepen your community’s impact.
In discussions with community leaders over the last few years, Facebook has learned that many of them are looking for support and guidance in how to grow their communities’ impact. They want to take a holistic approach to supporting these communities. So in addition to building the tools and educational resources that they need, they are also building programmatic ways to provide training, support and funding to enable great communities to make an even greater positive impact in the world.
Benefits from Facebook Community Accelerator
- Funding: Receive grant money to help fund work that advances your community’s goals. This year they look forward to awarding up to $40,000 per community through their Grant Management Partner GlobalGiving.
- Coaching & Development: Develop yourself and your community through a customized curriculum and personalized coaching to strengthen your community. Work on a development plan to execute an initiative of your choice.
- Connection: Knowledge-share with fellow top community leaders, network with key players in the industry and access direct support.
Eligibility for Facebook Community Accelerator
- Open to communities that have a presence in Facebook Groups with leaders who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the following countries: Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico, Brazil, United States, Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Bangladesh, United Kingdom, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, South Africa, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Zambia, Tanzania, Egypt, Morocco, Lebanon, Jordan, United Arab Emirate & India. Communities must have existed for over one year and must have a minimum size of 5,000 members.
- The programme will be conducted in Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish (Colombia, Chile, Peru, Mexico & Argentina), German (Germany, Switzerland & Austria), Arabic (Egypt, Morocco, Lebanon, Jordan & United Arab Emirates) and English for all the other markets.
- Participants of the FCLP Programme, 2020 and 2021 Community Accelerator are not eligible to apply. Participants in other Facebook programmes are welcome to apply as long as they meet the programme requirements.
The selection committee will look for communities who would benefit most from the unique programming offered and have the capacity to engage fully in the programme. This includes:
- Vibrant Community: A community using Facebook Groups that has existed for over one year and has a highly engaged member base starting and participating in meaningful conversations.
- Purpose: The community and its leadership team has a clear purpose and vision.
- Capacity: A team that has the capacity to create initiatives that activate and benefit their members.
- Leadership: The leader(s) of the community have leadership experience, including managing teams, projects and volunteers.
- Sustainability: The community is interested in having or already has a business model to cover their costs, even if it isn’t recurring revenue.
- Commitment: A team that is committed to engage fully in each stage of the programme.
Application of Facebook Community Accelerator
All applications are due by September 10, 2022 and selected communities will be notified mid-September. The programme will begin in October 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.